Sunday 15 December 2013

Classic Track: The Notorious B.I.G - Another f/ Lil' Kim (1997) & Lil' Kim & Stevie J Speak On The Making


Lil' Kim & Producer Stevie J Speak On Recording "Another"

Lil' Kim

"We had a big-#!% fight. I had heard about him and some girl. We were talking about what happened, and all of a sudden, next thing you know, I'm going at him like this [punches the air]! And my friend Mo is trying to grab me, and D. Roc got in the middle. But we're just going at it. And I hit Biggie so hard. And he was on crutches, so I kicked his crutch on the floor!

I said, "You have to stay because I might need you to help me with my lines." And he was like, "I'm not helpin' you. @#$$. You gonna tell me how you %+@%*%' feel. I always let out my feelings and you gonna do it too. So I'll hear it when it's done.

I always wanted him to treat me like a baby. I was real spoiled and I wanted him to be with me 24/7. I wanted him in the studio. At that time, I didn't like being in the studio with Puff by myself, because he's a pain in the #!%! Biggie knew how I worked, so he would let me do my thing-sit in the back and check on me every half hour or every hour. Puffy comes by every five minutes! "You got something? Lemme hear." I'm like, "I'm trying to create here. I can't with you all on my back!"
A lot of the lyrics were true. I had to go to court for Big when he had that case in Camden, New Jersey. You know, some promoter said Big beat him up, so I had to go to court and testify for him and hold him down. I was really mad as +$#%! I had caught Big %+@%*%' a girl-like in action. And I was sick! And I had just bailed him out of jail that day, too!
After I did the song, I didn't see him. I think I maybe saw him one time before he left for LA"

Stevie J

"That song was funny, 'cause they was beefing for real. Kim was talking wild +$#%. Big was like, "@#$$ you, %#@!*." And she was like, "@#$$ you too, !+!@#." You hear all that spitting? That was real right there. They was really going through some things at the time."

1 comment:

  1. This is real stuff right here. I'm sorry Kim had to go through all of that. You deserve to be treated like a Queen, not like this by anyone.

    ReplyDelete