Friday 13 December 2013

Lil' Kim Live Q&A With The Fans (Teen Hollywood - 2003)


Live Event Transcript: Lil' Kim
Monday May 19, 2003


Lil' Kim: Hi everybody, thanks for tuning in!

esjbmj_4ever asks: How did you get started as a singer?
Lil' Kim: Notorious BIG, he basically put me on.. introduced me to the industry.

jennsdabest asks: is it hard to be a woman and be successful in the music business?
Lil' Kim: Yes it is.

JJDULCE asks: Wazzup Lil'Kim!!! Im being a fan of u since "The Players' Anthem" came out and was wondering how did it felt being d only lady in Junior Mafia?And did it change u in anyway?
Lil' Kim: First of all, thank you for being such a big fan for years. Second of all, it always feels good when you're the only girl around because you get spoiled. But sometimes I wouldn't mind having another woman around to keep me company. But as the years go on, I realized that sometimes you need to be on your own and experience things on your own.

esjbmj_4ever asks: Which is the best way for me to go about fulfilling my dreams to become a singer/
Lil' Kim: The only thing that I can do is to say, keep going, don't stop, don't give up!

LilRedd1982 asks: are u workin on a new album now?
Lil' Kim: Yeah, I will start working on another album but I only have one single out off the first album.

sxydev asks: how long have you been singing
Lil' Kim: Maybe ten years

Popstaryas3 asks: hi lil kim! i just wanted to ask you did you like working with mya,pink,and christina and missy elliot when you did the video? would you work with them again?
Lil' Kim: Yes I would work with them again. Working with them was the best!

moni6957 asks: hey what up lil' kim? i just wanted to know what you would want to be right now if you werent famous?
Lil' Kim: Maybe a designer or a psychiatrist or an architect

JusDatShawty asks: How do you find people to sign on your record label!
Lil' Kim: A lot of times they are just through friends, but some people come by and send their demo and sing for us.

moni6957 asks: do you come up with your own lyrics for your songs?
Lil' Kim: Yes I do, I write everything.

D69 asks: Are you planning on staying with Atlantic Records after everything for La Bella Mafia is complete?
Lil' Kim: Who knows, I guess!

esjbmj_4ever asks: Why do you call you call yourself Queen Bee?
Lil' Kim: The Notorious B.I.G. gave me that name and thats because I am the queen!

JusDatShawty asks: What do you look for in a friend?
Lil' Kim: Honesty, trust, sincerity and loyalty.

pete4ya asks: What's something that you haven't done that you want to do?
Lil' Kim: I've done a lot of things that I've always wanted to do! I've never been to Africa, I want to go to Africa.

JusDatShawty asks: How do you come up with such hot lyrics for your songs?cuz i know you write ya own stuff!
Lil' Kim: ... and I want to go to Russia. I think I'm just blessed with the talent to do so. I'm inspired by where I grew up, and being around Notorious BIG and his influence on me.

jennsdabest asks: i love your style. who makes the decisions on what you wear to award shows etc?
Lil' Kim: Oh I do! I make the final decision. I work with a stylist and they pick out certain things and I go through them. Sometimes I bring my own things. I mix and match some of the things that the stylist may have with some of the things that I have, and we come up with a concept. Or sometimes I just style it, I basically use my ideas.

pete4ya asks: What/who are you listening to now?
Lil' Kim: I listen to 50 Cent, Eminem, Nickleback, Alien Ant Farm. I listen to a lot of people.

br732 asks: Whats up with you and Mary J. Blige, are ya'll still best friends?
Lil' Kim: Yeah, I like to think that we're still cool.

D69 asks: On the song "Hold It Now" you say: "Might give a little head to...." and it cuts off, was that intentional or was something blanked out?
Lil' Kim: You can fill in the blank

pete4ya asks: What's your favorite thing to eat?
Lil' Kim: I like fish and chicken. and salad.

br732 asks: You are my favorite rapper of all time, who inspires you ?
Lil' Kim: I like rice, and crab, but I'm allergic to seafood so I can't each too much of that. I'm not supposed to eat it at all but I love it because it tastes so good. Basically, Notorious B.I.G.. There are rappers from back in the day who inspire me, Salt N Pepa, there are a bunch of people.

JusDatShawty asks: How do you feel when fans run up to you in the street?
Lil' Kim: It is overwhelming. It makes me feel good though.

NoelMiami asks: Hey Kim, It's Noel from Miami and the Queen Latifah show with you...I just want to say I am very proud of Labella Mafia and you seem to be real happy with your life right now and I love that cause' you deserve it all...Are there anymore upcoming tv shows or magazine covers or movies or collabs we should be on the look out for?
Lil' Kim: Yeah you should be on the lookout for a video with Christina Aguilera that is coming out. And I have a movie coming out called Guns and Roses and it stars myself. I also have an animated film coming out.

Baby_ZeeZee asks: what is ur favorite song on La Belle Mafia
Lil' Kim: I don't have a favorite, they are all my favorite songs. I can't really pick...

micke asks: I saw you on E live the other day and i was wondering if your hollyhood line is aimed and women only????
Lil' Kim: Oh no, there will be clothes for men.

Popstaryas3 asks: DO YOU LIKE MICHEAL JACKSON? AND IF HE EVER ASKED YOU IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO A CONCERT OR A SHOW WOULD YOU DO IT?
Lil' Kim: I'm still a fan of Michael Jackson! I love Michael Jackson, I don't care what anyone says.

pete4ya asks: What do you hate the most about the music industry?
Lil' Kim: The phoniness.

D69 asks: Have you ever consider putting together an unreleased/remixes/b-side album? Maybe featuring the cut tracks from NK and/or LBM?
Lil' Kim: Thank you for the idea. I hadn't considered that but it is a good idea. We're working on a lot of compilations but I'll keep you in mind when I do it!

QueenBee909090 asks: your album la bella mafia was hot an i really like the radio skits what gave you the idea to do the radio instead of something eles?
Lil' Kim: It was an idea that I had from the last album that I just didn't have a chance to do then. Thank you!

ohgyrl03 asks: Are you going to do a song with Trina?
Lil' Kim: Probably.

micke asks: when you are relaxing and home what do you like to do?
Lil' Kim: Play Tennis. Just chill in the house with my friends.

bombestlck asks: did the advocates and the other artists write their own material on 'the beehive'?
Lil' Kim: Yes they did.

TheXaltedOne asks: have you decided on a third single yet for LBM? Or have any rough thoughts?
Lil' Kim: Everyone writes their own stuff around here! Its probably going to be "This Is Who I Am", "Thug Love" or "Can You Hear Me Now?"

babydollx55 asks: what was it like working wit 50 cent
Lil' Kim: It was great, we had a great chemistry.

gapfashionprep asks: What is ur biggest advice to performers in general when they are performing?
Lil' Kim: Just have fun! I always have fun.

AlexDisney asks: Is it true your working on a movie?
Lil' Kim: The movie comes out this summer, I don't know the exact date. It is a female version of Young Guns, if you've ever seen it.

pete4ya asks: Who do you want to work with that you haven't worked with yet?
Lil' Kim: Eminem, Nelly, maybe Alicia Keys, Michael Jackson! I've worked with R Kelly but I liked R Kelly

edforema asks: How long does it usually take you to write an album?
Lil' Kim: It depends. On this album I took time off to do a movie. It could take six months, it could take three months. I'm a busy girl so you never know what might pop up.

Bigmo asks: How does it fill to be the best female raper there is.
Lil' Kim: First I would like to say, thank you so much for giving me that title. It feels great. It is a lot of hard work though.

GUnitLady asks: Hey gurl....Thiz da 1 & only unforgettable Jackie.....I was wondering if you feel as if you have to keep up w/ a certain image just to be portraying sumthang...?!
Lil' Kim: I mean, yeah. I don't like to let my fans down so I always have to give them Lil' Kim!

i_dont_wear_panties asks: what kinda jobs did you have before making it big
Lil' Kim: I worked in Bloomingdales department store, I worked at H&R Block and I also was a bank teller.

sassy81590 asks: Lil' Kim, do you think that once you became famous it became harder to just hang out with your friends?
Lil' Kim: Yes.

mightylame asks: What was your fav part of doing "She's all that"...by the way you kicked some ass in the movie!
Lil' Kim: All the house scenes because they were funny.

AlexDisney asks: Whats your dream?
Lil' Kim: To be a billionaire!

ILIKETHEBEST asks: kim what makes u the best?
Lil' Kim: I don't know. It is something that I'm born with I guess. My originality!

babydollx55 asks: did people discourage you because your a girl
Lil' Kim: No, but now that I'm in the industry it gets discouraging. But, I never give up./

MISSLABELLAMAFIA19 asks: WHAT MADE YOU TITLE YOUR ALBUM "LA BELLA MAFIA"?
Lil' Kim: I watched a movie called La Bella Mafia and I could identify and relate to everything that was happening in the movie.

micke asks: did you find it hard in any way to start queen bee entertainment. if so in what ways?
Lil' Kim: It wasn't hard to start it but it was hard to get it off the ground.

DarkBlue1988 asks: What's the most recent movie you've seen?
Lil' Kim: I saw "Road to Perdition" and "From Hell" and they were both my favorite movies of the year.

LilTweety_Mari asks: I saw you on Carson's late night t.v show and you basically said that britney spears (Yuck!) dissed you. What are your feelings on her?
Lil' Kim: She was rude to me. I don't really have feelings about her.

Jamaul asks: Hi Kim how did the collaboration with you and Beyonce' come about
Lil' Kim: She called me one day after The Jump Off came out and she said how much she loved my album!

micke asks: How do you feel on piracy
Lil' Kim: I think that the Internet is kind of good and bad. You can do so many illegal things and you can do so many good things. For instance, I'm able to talk to you guys and that is a good thing but I don't like the fact that people can download artists music for free, it isn't a good thing.

Sexyhawaiianboy asks: How do you deal with all the negativity you get
Lil' Kim: I don't deal with the negativity, I don't pay any attention.

queenbee4eva asks: Where do you see yourself in 2009?
Lil' Kim: I see myself even more successful than I am now. I really don't know the things that I'm going to be into. I'll probably be more on the big screen. You'll probably see me more! Thank you for supporting La Bella Mafia, it is in stores now. Thank you so much and I look forward to seeing you all in concert in July!


TeenHollywood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment